Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mud Men: Switching to Terressentials Pure Earth Hair Wash



Meet Tim Adams, the author of this article and 
a new Spice Hair Wash convert!


Mud is a sticky mixture of solid material with a liquid: soft wet earth. Nailed it – Merriam-Webster.com! My connection with mud dates back to when I was just peewee-sized, freckle-faced youngster growing up in Kensington, Maryland. Oftentimes, after a long-lasting spring shower or a midsummer thunderstorm, my friends and I would dash out of our respective houses like greyhounds out of the gates and begin assembling our arsenals. See folks, us boys had some of the most epic mud ball fights in the history of mud ball fights. We’re talking purple-yellow bruises, sand between the teeth and pebbles in our eyes. Oh yeah, not to mention the verbal body slam our parents would lay down on us for coming home the way we did – looking like we had spent the weekend camped out in a pig pen. But boy, it was worth it! And now, as an adult, mud is what’s on the bottom of my boots and truck after a good, refreshing hike along the river. Keeping in mind my history with the goopy stuff, imagine my surprise when I discovered that my new employer, Terressentials, sells certified organic hair wash made from, you guessed it, mud! (Well, technically, not the same mud I tracked back from the river. The hair wash “mud” is actually a special, exotic cleansing clay – Fancy!)

Since I spent the majority of my baths and showers as a kid rinsing mud out of my hair, I was thrilled that, at twenty-nine years old, I would be able to do it all over again with Pure Earth Hair Wash! Being the incredibly manly man that I am, I opted for Sultry Spice because it has a subtle woodsy scent that any man would be proud to have permeating throughout his dude mane. But hey, I didn't choose Sultry Spice just for the easy-on-the-nose smell, no sir, this specific kind of muck is just what my hair needed. With just the right amount of citrus wax, Sultry Spice is perfect for treating my not too dry scalp and unapologetically thick, curly hair. After following the first week instructions to a T, I was already seeing paramount improvement in the health of my once beaten down, left for dead head of hair. No more oil-spill like residue or dried out flatness that would make a desert jealous. My hair is as happy as my pup when she's belly deep in the creek with the clay between her paws.

So guys, man to men, don’t be hesitant to try it out because it doesn’t say “for men” on the label. If, at the end of the day, you want something that is going to work, improve hair health and is not at all harmful, then I strongly suggest giving Pure Earth Hair Wash a shot. And I mean come on, what guy doesn’t like playing in the mud?

No comments:

Post a Comment