Tuesday, February 11, 2014

World Beat


Working in a store that promotes fair trade is wonderful because I am surrounded by arts and crafts created by talented people from all over the world. In addition to these beautiful goods, I am also surrounded by global music. Putumayo is a company that makes CD compilations of songs related to a particular theme or ethnic culture. 


The Yoga and World Yoga CD's are both soothing music which inspires both meditation and relaxation. The American Blues and Rhythm and Blues CD's are both classic blues tunes as well as remakes of songs. The Taj Mahal CD has a version of “Cakewalk Into Town” which is a blast! Women of Africa is a great mixture of diverse, soulful and inspirational music from all over Africa, that is fun, upbeat contemporary music that I can really relate to. The Acoustic Cafe and Acoustic America have mellow and fun tracks you can sing along with. 

My favorite choice though, is Arabic Groove. The Arabic Groove CD is a collection of funky contemporary dance party music from North Africa and the Middle East. Women of the World is my second favorite CD. It is a compilation of beautifully written songs by women from all over the world. There is also a Women of Jazz CD that is so good, it makes me proud to be a woman! The Vintage France and French Cafe CD's make you feel like you are walking around the Eiffel tower. I love these compilations because they never get old. I can listen to them over and over again and always hear something new and different. It is so refreshing to hear the diversity of so many different bands compiled on one album. People often ask me which CD is the best and that is really hard to answer! They are all so good!


Stop by soon and pick up a few Putumayo CD's to enliven your life, soothe your soul, inspire your creative muse and burn those winter calories as your feet dance to some fun and lively world beats and rockin' rhythms!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to be able to just "stop by" however I live in Georgia. I love your products though. I love washing my hair with your "mud," and even my husband who shaves his head loves to mud his head and beard. I was wondering if it is ok to mud my dog.

    ReplyDelete