Friday, January 17, 2014

Moisturize and Protect Your Winter Skin with Terressentials Organic Body Oils and Cremes

Never mind the calendar, you know when winter has arrived by the change in your skin. Here in Maryland we complain about the heat and humidity in the summer, but at least we do so with moist and glowing skin. When the temperature drops and the dry winds start to blow – and we've had plenty of harsh winter weather already this season – the shriveling begins. Those of us who spend a lot of time outside start getting sandpaper hands. Dry indoor heat also sucks the moisture from our bodies.



Now's the time of year that I cherish my Terressentials Organic Body Oils! Before I tried the Body Oil for the first time I wondered, won't this feel oily on my skin? I was accustomed to using body lotions, and I was a bit wary of applying pure oil. I was pleasantly surprised when the blend of organic sunflower and coconut oils and organic cocoa butter absorbed quickly and completely into my thirsty skin, leaving it smooth and satisfied. Now I spread it over my arms, legs and hands after every shower. The cocoa butter in the Body Oil solidifies at room temperature, but it's easy to heat the bottle up enough to return it liquid form. You can set the bottle in a hot (not boiling!) water bath for a few minutes, or, as I do, keep it on top of the baseboard heater in the bathroom, so it's ready to pour when you need it. You can even hug the bottle close to your body (maybe under your arm?) for a few minutes while you go about your business, since the cocoa butter will melt at body temperature. Just be sure to shake the bottle before dispensing, to mix the cocoa butter with the oils and herbal extracts.

When the cold and dry conditions have left my hands especially wrecked, I reach for my Terressentials Organic Body Crème. In addition to the same moisturizing oils and herbal extracts found in the Body Oils, the Body Cremes contain organic beeswax which seals moisture into your skin. I like to use the Body Crème on my knees, elbows and hands before bed, and as a protective layer on any exposed skin before I head out into the cold weather. The solid “Push-Up” form is fun to use, like a big crayon that slowly melts as it meets your warm skin and then glides over your body.

The only difficult part of using the Body Oils and Crèmes is deciding which “flavor” to choose! I'm partial to the complex earthiness of Seductive Spice, although I'm sometimes more in the mood for Passionate Lavender. Luscious Lemon is true to its name, and fans of the mint/chocolate combination will go crazy for Peppermint Fantasy. Then again, there's nothing wrong with the pure, delicious chocolate aroma of the Cocoa Butter Rich Body Oil, with no added essential oils. Still can't decide? Just for you, we've created the Organic Annointing Body Oil Sampler (containing 2-oz trial/travel sizes of the lemon, lavender, spice and mint oils), the Organic Body Crème Four Flavor Sampler (samples of all four flavors of body creme), and the Cocoa Butter/Creme Duo Sampler (samples of the pure cocoa butter and our cocoa butter blend body creme).

Treat yourself to Terressentials Organic Annointing Oils and Cremes this winter. When your skin is soft and protected, you'll be happy you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment