Thursday, August 29, 2013

Just Add Water: An Account from a First-Time Terressentials User


Thanks Pamela Stocks!


I knew what I was in for... well at least I thought I knew. After working at Terressentials for nearly two weeks, I'd been learning how to answer all kinds of questions about our most popular product, the Pure Earth Hair Wash: questions about the hair detox process, which flavors of hair wash are best suited to which types of hair and whether or not it will clog drains (it doesn't just for the record). It was time to take the plunge. Initially I'd decided to wait until my current shampoo had run out, but the curiosity was overwhelming. Besides, after learning about all the toxic chemicals that even so called 'natural' shampoos contain, I was done. Enough is enough!

“So have you decided which one you will try?” one of my co-workers asked as she caught me eying a bottle of Lavender Garden. I love the relaxing scent of lavender, but my hair is already pretty oily, so extra oils probably wouldn't suit me. “Which type do you all use?” I inquired of the women who work at our shop. “I use Fragrance- Free,” “Lemon,” “I actually love the Gentle Gel Body Wash for my hair.” Hmm...it seems like choosing the right hair wash is a pretty personal decision.

Later that night, with 'mint mud' (as my co-workers so lovingly nicknamed it) in hand, I took a shower. As I squeezed the bottle the hair wash came out in a loud SPLAT. Whoa, I snickered to myself. What fun, bathing with mud! No lather... that's okay, I'm not attached to the foamy lather created by synthetic foam boasters in conventional shampoos anyway. But will I be able to spread it all over my head? Flipping my hair over I massaged the clay mixture into my scalp and felt the bentonite clay really scrubbing away dead skin and dirt. My eyes widened and I took a deep breath as the mint oils instantly began to tingle my whole head and open my sinuses. After letting the hair wash absorb into my hair, I rinsed and my hair became so smooth. I was easily able to run my fingers through it while it was wet and I hadn't even used a conditioner— it's amazing! My sinuses were clear, I felt bright-eyed, refreshed and relaxed. Is it possible for a hair wash to be healing? If it's made of certified organic and truly natural ingredients, I think it really is. 

The next few weeks the shower experience continued to astonish me, but when my hair dried it felt...different while the hair wash worked it's detox magic. A couple weeks of patience earned amazing soft, silky and especially strong hair.

If you haven't had a hair wash revelation yet, I suggest you renounce your old shampoo and try one of our four spectacular scents or Fragrance-Free if you're 'scentsitive'. If you're already hooked, tell a friend, combine your orders and save on shipping (purchases over $60 remain at a flat rate of $11.95). Once you go mud, you'll never return to sudz.

No comments:

Post a Comment