Monday, July 29, 2013

Terressentials Anointing Oils Have Household Uses, Too!




You may have heard about using our USDA certified organic Hand Soaps to clean your dishes or to wash your clothes, but those four unique hand soaps are not the only Terressentials product that have an unexpected household use.

I present to you a scenario: me, a young adult who just got my own apartment, had a visit from family members coming up. Now the last time that my family visited, it was to help me move into my apartment, so everything was allowed to be a bit messy. But this time, I needed my apartment to be squeaky clean (well, more clean than its typical organized chaos was). So I swept, I vacuumed, then I cleaned off the coffee table in the den. That is when horror struck my heart. My handed down coffee table (that I think has been in my family for longer than I've been alive) had lots of dried rings from a series of cups being placed on it without a coaster. Well, crap.

I didn't want my family to see their gift (even if it was just an old hand-me-down coffee table) looking like it had been abused for the past few months (even though it arguably had been). So I got out a small bowl which I put about a cup and a half of warm water in along with a teaspoon(-ish) of Terressentials USDA certified organic Zingin' Citrus Hand Soap. I got a paper towel, and I wiped down the table.

Now anyone who has an old wood table that hasn't been taken care of properly for a few months knows that if you wipe it down with water, dried streaks will appear. This took me by surprise (remember how I hadn't taken care of the table properly in a while?). Though the table was now clean and dry, it had lots of foggy streaks going across its surface.

So, now, I had to think. How do I get rid of the streaking on my family's old wooden coffee table? Then I had a flashback from this winter when we had some carved wooden dragon walking sticks in the Terressentials East Patrick Street store. One Saturday afternoon when there wasn't much going on, Heidi, my team member, suggested I use our USDA certified organic Cocoa Butter Rich Oil to shine these spectacular walking sticks. So I put a few drops on a paper towel, and the dragon canes shined right up! Ah-hah!

Though I didn't have the simple Cocoa Butter Rich Oil on hand, I did have some of our Seductive Spice Anointing Oil (which I keep in my bathroom to use to help condition my hair when it gets a little frizzy). So I did a little experiment (after all, my wooden coffee table was a different wood and older than the dragon canes we had downtown). I put a drop of my Spice Oil on a paper towel, and rubbed a corner of the table. Under my observation, my old wooden table completely soaked up the little bit of oil I had given it. So I rubbed a little more oil on that corner. The same thing happened again, and the wood was getting a soft, rich glow.

Elated, I then rubbed down the entire table with a little bit more of my Spice Oil and a paper towel. I found it helped to rub the oil with the grain of the wood (as opposed to against it). I also noticed that different areas of the table soaked up the oil at different rates. Though some parts seemed to gleam and seem a little oily at first, when I left the table alone for a few minutes, the wood table entirely soaked up the delightful smelling USDA certified goody! After the table had soaked up all of its special organic TLC, it had a nice, warm glow that reminded me of what it looked like in my childhood, and all the smears from cleaning the table earlier with my dilute Terressentials Hand Soap and water mix were gone! Not to mention, my den now smelled wonderful – the light scent of the patchouli and cocoa from the Seductive Spice Anointing Oil. Now that I experienced this additional use of my Spice Oil, I pamper the old wooden coffee table about once every two weeks or so – when its rich glow starts to diminish a little. Each time I use the oil, the table soaks up a little less, and the cleaning process goes faster and faster!

So be adventurous! Try the Luscious Lemon Anointing Oil for a fresh scent, or the Passionate Lavender for the impression of having a small lavender plant soaking up the sunlight on the windowsill in your home. The Peppermint Fantasy is sure to give your home a crisp scent, and, as always, the Cocoa Butter Rich Oil is a favorite of those who enjoy simplicity in their life. My message: Terressentials gourmet, handcrafted USDA certified organic body care products aren't just for your hair, body, face, or baby. They are useful for many little tasks around your home, too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment