Monday, July 29, 2013

A Terressentials Summer




Hey everyone! For this month's newsletter, the intern was asked to write an article. Exciting, right? Well that's me! I'm Kylie, the summer intern here at Terressentials. With only a few weeks left until I leave for school, I figured I should use this opportunity to share with you the great experience I have had working here.

Three months ago, I was mainly unfamiliar with USDA certified organic products. My first year of college was over, and I was (of course!) searching for a job. May was flying by, and June was approaching. Still no job. Fortunately, I was soon introduced to Terressentials, a genuinely USDA certified organic body care product company that happened to be settled just over the mountain. The name did not ring a bell, so I had no idea what to expect! Keeping an open mind as every job-hunter should, I thought, “Cool.” Maybe this was the opportunity I have been waiting for? As an engineering student, though, I was unsure of how I could benefit such a business. Honestly, I was nervous. I was nowhere near an expert at organics (I'm still not!). I had never used organic products or eaten organic food in my life! Would I be a sore thumb? An outsider? A few days passed, and I eventually decided to research organics and this company called Terressentials.

And, what do you know? I got the job!

After my interview, I was excited to work for such a unique small business. Working with truly USDA certified organic products these past few months have been such an educational experience. I was overwhelmed at the amount of information Terressentials provides on organics. I never realized that organics, be they food or body care products, have such a positive impact on the environment and people! Terressentials has a great number of helpful brochures, ranging from certification to dangerous chemicals found in “natural” products, supplying me and customers with information I had never known. Of course, I was intrigued to try these certified organic products! It's hard to believe I never considered using USDA certified organic body products in the past, because now I love them! My fellow team members at Terressentials put a great amount of care into each genuine handcrafted product we offer. The effort we put towards making these products is for the benefit of our customers and, after seeing this business work, I am happy to continue using these products. I have yet to try them all, but I definitely have a few favorites!

My sensitive skin has been thriving as a result of the Fragrance Free Facial Cleanser. After trying several facial products for years to make my skin soft, clean, and clear, I am very happy with the facial cleanser. The best part about it? A little bit goes a long way! After two months of using this product once a day, my 6-oz bottle is still three-quarters of the way full! (Even my mom has been sneaking some of my cleanser!) I also love how absorbent and light-weight the Fragrance-Free Body Lotion is! My two other favorite products are the Mint White Chocolate Lip Protector and the Lemon Body Wash. They both smell delicious! While the mint flavor soothes and tingles my lips, the lemon flavor refreshes my skin on these hot summer days.

Overall, I am very thankful to have worked at Terressentials this season. I learned more about organics than I thought I would ever know, and I have discovered some amazing products that I cannot wait to share with my family and friends! Do you love our products? Tell your family and friends! Also, subscribe to our email list if you haven't yet. Thank you to all of our customers, because Terressentials would not thrive without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment