Friday, April 26, 2013

Wonderful Wild Woolies Felt Birdhouses: Exterior Decoration!


















Last summer I selected my very first Wild Woolies Felt Birdhouse. I was intrigued by these birdhouses that were made out of natural wool and couldn't wait to get one for the little birds that lived in my garden. I carefully selected which tree to hang the birdhouse from, placed it up on it limb, smiled at the sight, and let nature do its work. And, of course, nature did. In a short while, a cute little wren family had settled in. Little did they or I know what was about to happen. Over the course of the summer the natural fiber cord that the bird house hung from got rained on, beaten at by the wind, and when it could no longer support the weight of the birdhouse, nest, and birds – PLOP the birdhouse fell onto the ground. Unfortunately, before I could pick it up from the ground in my yard, my husband ran the lawn mower over it. It was ruined, but don't worry, the wrens were safe because they were visiting their cousins in the neighbor's garden next door.

So, this year I had a plan. I picked out my new Wild Woolies Felt Birdhouse and hung it with wire. I put it in our porch, away from the elements and, once again, lo and behold, a new bird family moved in. But they apparently weren't happy with the way the birdhouse looked; they wanted to make it their very own. So the birdhouse got a little bit of a makeover. Look closely at the picture to see what the birds did! Yup, you're right! They put moss on it! So, don't just walk away from a birdhouse once you put it up – check back and see if your winged neighbors decorate as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment